Time to renew your membership!
Annual dues are payable May 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
(Due to the current economic and medical turmoil, we are allowing extra time for members to renew. Let us know if you need assistance this year – we want to keep you in the ranks even if you are currently unemployed or short on business.)
Pay online now through PayPal (Note: $3 processing fee added)
Questions about renewing your current membership?
Contact Marcia Goldstein, DWPC Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Prospective Members
If you are interested in joining the DWPC and are a professionally published or a self-published writer, here is some information about the organization.
The four requirements:
- You must reside in Colorado.
- You must meet professional eligibility standards. The specific standards depend on your area of writing specialty, but generally, you must have produced and been paid for your work within the last two years. Applicants will be considered on the professional merit of submitted material. Self-published material will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requirements are listed by membership category: 1) Print, Broadcast, or Electronic Media, 2) Freelance Writers/Editors/Publishers, 3) Communications, including Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising.
- You must attend a regular club function prior to submitting a membership application. Upcoming events are listed on the homepage.
- An existing club member must be your sponsor and another your endorser.
Requirements for Student Application:
1. Applicant must be 18 years-old to apply.
2. Applicants must submit three samples of their work-in-progress, or one published work, or a 25 page sample if submitting a longer work such as a novel or non-fiction work.
3. Student applicants must provide proof of enrollment in an academic program.
4. Please list any writing classes or workshops you have taken (in school or otherwise); specify location/organization and teacher if possible: Creative writing, rhetorical writing, poetry, writing workshop, writer’s conference, etc.
How to apply:
The application process begins with your attendance at a club function, preferably as a guest of a member. That member acts as your sponsor, reviews your application and supporting materials, seeks an endorser, and submits your package to the Membership Committee to start the review process. The committee presents all completed applications to the Board at its next scheduled meeting. Applications and their sponsors are notified in writing of the Board’s decision following the meeting.
Fees and dues:
The one-time application fee is $100. Dues are $95 a year. If you join and pay from January 1 to April 30, you will pay $47.50 for the first half-year.
Student Application Fee: $35, plus one year membership fee of $35, total check of $70 to be included with application.
If an applicant is not accepted, the membership and application fee will be refunded. (Renewal fee for student membership is $50 due by May 1 each year that student is a member
Contact Georgia Garnsey at email@example.com.